Amway offers the opportunity for people to have a business of their own based on retailing products and sharing the opportunity with others who will do the same. Amway supports Independent Business Owners (IBOs) with a proven compensation plan, portfolios of quality products in health, beauty, and other consumer categories, plus the merchandising materials, training, and education they need to be successful. IBOs also are supported by communities of those who have already built successful Amway businesses.
Based in Ada, Mich., Amway is the North American affiliate of Amway Corp., a worldwide leader in direct selling, with more than three million IBOs in over 80 countries and territories around the world. Ownership & Management Amway Corp. was founded by Rich DeVos and Jay Van Andel. The DeVos and Van Andel families are among Noth America's leading entrepreneurs with numerous business ventures in direct selling, sports entertainment, real estate, lodging and hospitality, and other business sectors. Amway Corp. is led by Steve Van Andel, Chairman, and Doug DeVos, President.
Amway's North America's management team includes Managing Director; Sandy Spielmaker, Vice President of Sales; Jori Hartwig, Vice President of Marketing; David Bartlett, Director of Finance/CFO; Greg Lang, Director of IT/CIO; and Jim Hunking, General Manager of Amway Global Canada Corp. Exclusive Product Brands
Best known for Health and Beauty, Amway features exclusive brands like:
· Nutrilite® is the world’s No.1 selling vitamins and dietary supplements brand. (Source Euromonitor International Limited; Vitamins and Dietary Supplements, World, Retail value RSP, 2010.)
· Artistry® is among the world's top five, largest selling, premium skin care brands. (Source Euromonitor International limited: Beauty & Personal Care 2011, Premium cosmetics and premium skincare category and subcategory: global 2010 value RSP.)
· Ribbon Gift & Incentive Program, a collection of more than 18 gift albums organized by themes targeting a variety of age and interest groups.
· XS® Energy Drinks, with all of the “energy,” and none of the sugar.
· Legacy of Clean® cleaning products, including the first product that Amway marketed when it was founded in 1959, L.O.C. Multi-Purpose Cleaner. Only biodegradable cleaning agents were used in Liquid Organic Cleaner (L.O.C.) and this initial dedication to the environment has become a cornerstone in the Amway corporate philosophy.
Amway IBOs and customers can also shop at Amway Partner Stores such as Office Depot, Barnes & Noble.com, FTD.com, Bass Pro Shops, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Dell and many more.
Amway also offers Home, Auto, Travel, Financial, and Communications services through affiliated providers including Avis, Visa, Wells Fargo Insurance and others.
IBOs and Customers
Amway services the needs of both Independent Business Owners (IBOs) and customers. IBOs build businesses that allow them to earn income based on sales made at www.amway.com resulting from their efforts. To launch an Amway business, individuals must register with an existing IBO.
Customers pay no fee to shop from a large selection of products and learn from expert advice on health, beauty, home care, and other topics. Products are shipped to their homes and covered by Amway's Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.